Log in

No account? Create an account


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
12:28 pm: this 'n' that on a weekend
We went to our first Rock Cats game on Saturday, which was fun. It had been rescheduled from a rained-out game a while ago, so I was worried when it started drizzling... and didn't stop. We definitely got damp, but it was still fun. And at $8 a ticket, we'll definitely be going back (packing towels next time, thankyouverymuch).

I think Teddy cared more about the food than the game, but at least he got to see his first professional game. Apparently they make a real effort to make things family-friendly at minor league games (this was my first, so what do I know?), which meant lots of races between people in costumes (a donut vs. a cup of coffee, chocolate vs. plain milk, etc.), about 15 honorary first pitches, free t-shirts, a man dancing to hits of the 70s and 80s while attached to puppets dressed as the Village People, and lots of sound effects for various game events (fouls, outs, etc.). (There were fireworks scheduled after the game that got rained out, darn it.)

Good time. We left after the 5th inning, so we missed the 8-2 win (score was tied when we left).

* * * * *

Yesterday, Teddy went to a birthday party at What's Cooking D, which was odd. There were two birthday girls (sisters), one of whom Teddy knows slightly (she's in the other half of his K-swap, so he sees her at lunch time a couple days a week) and one of whom he'd never met. And he was one of two boys (the other about 3 years old), and the party was at full capacity, so it wasn't one of those invite-tons-of-people things. Clearly the birthday girl specifically chose Teddy to attend.

I'm delighted that girls like him. His teachers tell me that he's known to be gentle with other kids, which probably has something to do with it.

He did remarkably well, especially given his minority status and the occasionally significant chunks of down-time (when they were waiting for something to finish cooking).

He had fruit kebobs, (baked) chicken fingers, strawberry smoothie, pizza, and cupcakes (which the kids decorated but didn't bake).

(Small quibble: Most of the parents stayed, and the only food for us was coffee cake, which had walnuts. I bought a salad at the place next door, which I wolfed down as soon as we got home. [The party was 11-1:30ish])

Teddy said he had a good time and wants to try the recipes at home, so YEAH.

* * * * *

Watched some of the Tony awards last night. I wanna go to NYC! It's been too long! :sigh:

* * * * *

Teddy's last day (ever) at Montessori is tomorrow, which will be the end-of-year show. It's been a super place for him, I'm glad he was there for almost 3 years, and I'm delighted it's over. The tuition, the complicated schedules, the level of parental involvement have all been hard.

His last day at public school is next week, so he has 8 (? I think) afternoons of kindergarten left.

:sniff!: My baaaaby!

Current Location: Longmeadow
Current Mood: okayokay


Date:June 14th, 2011 04:00 pm (UTC)
Hurray for the Rack Cats and what sounds like a wonderful afternoon!

And Hurray for Teddy! And hurray for kindergarten! And birthday parties, strange and otherwise.
We're going out with Barb and Doug tonight -- celebrating their 60th anniversary. So hurray for friends, and celebrations, and anniversaries!

[User Picture]
Date:June 14th, 2011 04:12 pm (UTC)


It's a busy time of year, but a happy one. :)
Powered by LiveJournal.com